Wednesday, August 27, 2008

favorite artists


Here's some of my favorite artists/pieces and their websites if you like to check them out:







Artist: Matt Furie
This man is a genius! I adore his work... For the past month or so you may of noticed that I've put up some of his work on my profile. I don't even know what to say about him... just that I really love everyone of his pieces they all have their own story. Also one of his pieces is rocking the background to this blog!
Website: MattFurie


Artist: steph d

Website: Stephd
Myspace: Myspace


Artist: Mark Owens and Matt Owens
These are awesome... The six boards represent the socio-cultural realms of Literature, Architecture, The Arts, Transit, Food and Tourism. Together the series encompasses New York's "Urbane Jungle."
Website: Link


Artist: Ron Mueck
A London-based photo-realist artist. Born in Melbourne, Australia, to parents who were toy makers, he labored on children's television shows for 15 years before working in special effects for such films as Labyrinth, a 1986 fantasy epic starring David Bowie.

Website:
Ron





















He so nearly captures that extra bit, what we call the soul or spirit, that flame inside that makes us ourselves. He takes one to the very edge of the idea of life, calls into question what it is to be a person, what it is to be human. - Marina Warner.




Artist: maya hayuk
Websit: Her myspace







Artist: Julian Beever
..


website: http://users.skynet.be/J.Beever/pave.htm


Hows this for optical illusions!!












0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home