Monday, September 22, 2008

new(s)

Lately, I've been in the market/ quest for a new camera because a freak accident happened to the last one. So, I was in office max or staples no office max... I was in office max last Friday (which is a store I can only spend about 10 minutes in because of the smell of office supply's gets to me) And I was shopping the clearance for new sharpies/ pens for this drawing I was working on when all the sudden I saw it! I saw this box in the corner of my eye that looked like it wrote ASHLEY THIS IS YOUR DREAM CAMERA AND I'M ON SALE! haha So, I quickly dropped the sharpies that I was holding... I didn't run towards but rather did a nice speed walk. It was Canon Powershot s5. It was my dream camera-- One that I could shoot photos of my art with, etc. It was like had been reduced to my affordable price range. This camera was made more me. So I left that stinky store without sharpies that day but a new camera... here's my new camera!

Powershot S5 IS Features:

  • 8-Megapixel CCD for images up to 3264 x 2448
  • Canon 12x zoom (36-432mm equiv.) with Optical Image Stabilization
  • Super Macro closeup focus to 0 inches!
  • Widescreen 16:9 aspect ratio for HDTV display
  • Articulated 2.5-inch Vari-angle color LCD flips forward and rotates 270°
  • Program AE, Shutter-priority, Aperture-priority, full Manual
  • Image zone modes: Portrait, Landscape, Night scene and Stitch assist
  • Interval shooting and Exposure and Focus Bracketing
  • Movie w/stereo sound, 640x480 or 320x240, 30fps or 15fps
  • Shutter speeds from 15 secs to 1/3200 sec in Manual mode.
  • Evaluative, Center-weighted average or Spot (Center or AF-point)
  • High-speed 1.5 frames per second continuous shooting
  • Up to 60-second sound memos for still images
  • Sharpness, Contrast and Saturation is adjustable
  • ISO sensitivity: Auto, High ISO Auto or 80, 100, 200, 400, 800, 1600 presets
  • Built-in flash with Auto, Fill, Red-eye reduction and Slow-sync modes
  • New flash hot shoe for using Canon EX Speedlites
  • SD/SDHC/MMC memory card compatible, 32MB included
  • Powered by four standard AA type batteries
  • USB 2.0 Hi-Speed data transfer to host computer
  • PictBridge and Canon Direct Print compatible




And here's the first thing I shot with it:
My beautiful grandmother on her 81st birthday.
(hey I never said I was good at photography)


And this My karate kid pen and ink portrait:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home