Serenity Now!
I've been reading The Tao Te Ching translated by Stephen Addiss and Stanley Lombardo, It's wonderful. I had heard so many good things about this book from my guru philosopher Father that I had to pick myself up a copy! Plus we're reading it in philosophy. I'm always excited to read these kinds of books because I can always use an insightful theory book that will inspire new ways of thinking. I really recommend it to anyone who needs a good read.

1. To take on one challenge today, one small challenge. What would that be?
2. As if to say, I’m ready now, and it’s the readiness that matters.
3. Gathering the heart and the mind to feel the depth of our lives.
4. To meet yourself face to face without expectations. Such freedom does exist.
5. Feeling yourself balancing the energies of giving and receiving equally, with no fear.
6. To learn to be more gentle, more open, more honest.
7. To trust in ourselves, to know that we can change for the better.
8. As if to give up competing with yourself and simply see the honesty in your effort.
9. Remember: every obstacle you meet in life can be seen as a block, or as an opportunity.
10. As if to vow to ourselves to become ourselves, again and again.
11. Feel your ground, feel your heart. Feel your body. Breathe your body. Let all the weight of the body fall down into the ground, leaving your body light.
12. Give up competing with yourself and simply see the honesty of your effort.
13. To trust in ourselves to know that we can change for the better.
14. Freedom is moving, thinking, and speaking from a place of no ego.
15. Let us meet in a place with no fences, endless sky, boundless potential, opening from the heart.
16. To be annoyed by our restrictions is natural. To be free of them, is Yoga.
17. Practice with effort, then letting go of the results of that effort.
18. To be kind to others and to ourselves is as natural as a flower opening in the sun.
19. To forgive weakness in others is to recognize and forgive weakness in ourselves.
20. Bowing to the teaching that lies inside the heart, and the teaching is forgiveness, and forgiveness starts with oneself.
The first six quotes broken down--click on it to see it larger.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home